Natalie started painting professionally shortly after moving to Shropshire in 2003, following her completion of a Fine Art Degree and a post-grad in Stage and Set design.
Natalie often works from photographs translated onto a large-scale canvas. The focus is then increased to enable the viewer to be surrounded and drawn into what becomes a detailed perception of colour, form, movement, and texture.
The subjects themselves are just the starting point to study these elements; the effects of sunlight and shadows are also having an increasing effect on her works; the subtlety of colours captures a unique moment. Each subject is so different, offering delicacy and detail but at the same time strength and vitality. It’s these differences that fascinate Natalie and she tries to capture that essence in her work. She wants the viewer to have an experience that is beyond that of the image itself; therefore, the scale of her work is important. By enlarging the scale, the nature of the subject is intensified, and enables the viewer to become surrounded by the beauty of the subject.
The focus of the painting is intensely studied to identify the motivation for the study. Her interests range from capturing the delicacy of a petal or feather while also showing the strength within the subject; this is then emphasized by the plain background where a minimum distraction is sought.
Her work has been successfully shown in Tokyo, Singapore, London, New York, and Australia. She has had various articles published in Artists and Illustrator’s magazine and has delivered several masterclasses at the prestigious West Dean College, in Chichester while also a regular Artist in Residence at Nature in Art in Gloucester.
Once set, you can manage your preferences at any time by using the cookie settings button.
These are the cookies that are required for our website to work properly, usually for things such as logging in. These cookies are always enabled but do not collect any personal data. You can disable all cookies in your browser but this website may not perform correctly.
1) cookie-gdpr-settings - used to remember your cookie settings on this device.
2) wordpress_logged_in_xxx - This cookie is used to indicate when you’re logged in, and what account you are logged in to.
3) wordpress_test_cookie - This cookie tests whether cookies can be set in your browser.
4) wp-settings-1, wp-settings-time-1 - This cookie is used to customise your view of the website depending on your settings.
5) PHPSESSID - As you browse through the pages on this site, the session cookie tells the website that you are the same person requesting the web pages and not a new visitor to each page.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to identify error pages and the most or least common pages. This allows us to know the best content to send to our visitors. All information these cookies collect is anonymous. You can turn these off at any time.
1) _ga - Used to distinguish users.
2) _gid - Used to distinguish users.
3) _gat - Used to throttle request rate.
4) gadwp_wg_default_dimension - uses a fraction of the data that is collected by Google Analytics cookies and is used by system administrators.
5) gadwp_wg_default_dimension, gadwp_wg_default_metric & gadwp_wg_default_swmetric - uses a fraction of the data that is collected by Google Analytics cookies and is used by system administrators.
These cookies may be set by third parties and advertisers. They use the cookies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant content or adverts on this site or other sites. They do not usually collect personal data automatically but may uniquely identify your browser and device. You can turn these off at any time.